Monday, August 4, 2008

Why I homeschool

Just a few reasons, I'm sure I can come up with more! I started this probably 2 years ago...

#1. God gave my children to me and entrusted them to my care and gave me the responsibility to educate them.

#2. Even when my child has a runny nose he can still do his school work.

#3. We almost never have to miss a day of school for anything because we can do school work at any time of day.

#4. I can set our own hours for school and they can change from day to day.

#5. We can even do school on the weekends!

#6. If my child shows an interest in something we can pursue it.

#7. If my child struggles in a particular area we can either spend more time working on it or we can set it aside till he is ready for it.

#8. The whole family learns! We all participate in school.

#9. I get to learn everything I learned in school all over again! and again, and again (depending on how many kids I end up having).

#10. If my child is gifted in an area we can skip ahead.

#11. We can go on as many field trips as we like.

#12. Everything becomes a learning experience.

#13. Homeschooling gives my child many opportunities he would not have in Public or Private school.

#14. The older children can help teach the younger children.

#15. Less peer pressure.

#16. No Bullies. Less teasing. (brothers still tease each other sometimes).

#17. My child learns to relate to people of different ages, not just those his own age.

#18. He learns there is more to life than the opinion of his peers.

#19. My kids can pray in school! (they can also wear Christian t-shirts, sing praises to the Lord and freely tell others about Him!).

#20. I get to choose the curriculum that best suits each of my children.

No comments: