Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our first lapbook

I have been teaching the boys about music this week. We have talked about how we can use music to praise God, and about different types of music. M's favorite is Rock music, none of the others claimed a favorite though.

Today I printed out a whole bunch of pictures pertaining to music, and I dug out a few file folders to make a music lapbook or file folder book. I have never done this before but seeing as how its the latest homeschooling craze I thought we should give it a try! I figure since this is our first attempt we will just do one and all work on it together. Then maybe later on we'll do individual books. One for each kid. Maybe I will help J with one to give an example for M & G and they can make their own. But for now, I think one for all to share will be good enough. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow when we are finished with it.

If we get too carried away with this lapbooking business I'll have to break down and buy some more file folders! I thought we had a box of them but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I did find a small stack of them and I'm wondering if thats all that's left of the box. We bought it a few years ago so it is possible we used them all up.

No comments: