Wednesday, August 6, 2008

a deal and walking

I made a visit to the local thrift store on Monday to look for some extra dishes (I like a certain brand and they have pieces there from time to time). I didn't find any but I found some shirts and skirts I liked. I ended up putting back one of the skirts back because they were both $5 or more. I decided just to get the one I really liked. Anyway, I got up to the counter and the lady says "Skirts are $1 today". I asked her if I could go back and pick up the one I had put back and then quickly went and retrieved it. So I got 2 skirts, 2 tank tops and one t-shirt for $10! I was thrilled. I needed some post-pregnancy clothes.

The one skirt I really like had to be taken in though. It works for now but I think I may have to take it in again, I may have to do something more drastic next time. It says size 16/18 and I'm probably a 14 right now. Hopefully that number will go down before long.

I think I'm ready to start walking again. I haven't in almost a year! I love walking though. I can put S and J in the double stroller and G and M can ride their bikes. We can go for walks in the evenings when the weather cools off a little, get to know the neighborhood and some of the neighbors. And hopefully get some good exercise! First I need to get the double stroller out of the garage and clean it up, I'm sure its covered in spider webs and dust.

1 comment:

Coffee Mommerz said...

yeah for the deals you got!!!
~kayte