Friday, August 15, 2008

Foreclosure

Its so sad to drive through town and see all of the homes for sale. I hear all the time of people who either lost or gave up their homes. So many people were so excited that they could afford new, nice, big homes, just a few years ago. And now people are so short on money they are struggling to just buy food. House payments are so high even couples who both work can't afford them!

I understand and feel sorry for the people who just got in over their heads without realizing it, but on the other hand there are people out there who were just not wise and didn't think things through before buying. There are even some who were just plain being foolish even though they knew better. I can kind of understand what its like to do that too. There have been times in my life where I went ahead and spent money that I couldn't really afford to spend just because I wanted to have something "right now". Of course I later regretted it, as many are regretting buying houses they couldn't really afford.

I hope and pray we can buy a house one day, I also pray that God will give us wisdom in doing so. Its a big thing to do and I don't want to get in over my head and end up with regrets.

2 comments:

A Royal Priesthood said...

I read a Proverb this morning that seemed to fit this theme:

"The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty,
But those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty."

Proverbs 21:5

Unknown said...

It's always best not to rush into things. I guess those who’ve ended up regretting their choice probably didn’t stop to think things through before committing into something as crucial as home buying. It’s good to know you’re not going to do the same mistake. You’re doing well in carefully waiting and planning for that day when you’ll have your own house. I wish you luck on that!

Charlena Leonard @ Weidner Law