Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"death crawl"-Facing the Giants

The boys and I watched the movie "Facing the Giants" today. It was really good! One I'd like to have in our collection actually, and I'm very picky about what movies I want to own.

The movie was about turning your life completely over to God and giving Him your all, no matter what. "If we win we praise Him, if we lose we praise Him". It was also about expecting God to do great things in your life and never giving up on what He has called you to. There were Bible verses scattered throughout and many great lines.
In one scene the coach of the football team asked one of the players to do the "death crawl" ("crawling" on hands and feet with another guy on his back) 50 yards. The player said he could maybe do 20 but certainly not 50. The coach told him to try anyway, then he put a blindfold on the boy so that he wouldn't be distracted by where he was on the field, so that he would go as far as he really could and not just as far as he thought he could. The coach stayed with the boy the whole way, encouraging and pushing him to go on, when the player finally gave up and had no more strength, the coach removed the blindfold and the boy saw that he was in the Endzone, clear across the field! He had gone 5 times what he thought he could!

After that scene M said to me, "I can do that! I want to try it with G on my back!" Haha! I said "OK, lets try it". He made it only half way across the living room though, he kept wanting to try again but G wasn't too keen on it. Then I said "hmm, I wonder if I can do it?" And I did, I made it almost all the way across the living room before G fell off my back, only a couple of feet before we reached the other side. It was fun to get down there with the boys.

There were a lot of good lessons in this movie and we talked about quite a few of them. This is definitely one we'll want to watch again as the boys get older and can understand more.

Praise the Lord!

No comments: