Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Overwhelmed

Yes, its true. I do get overwhelmed being a mother of 4 energetic boys. Sometimes I feel like the whole house is spinning around me. Have you ever seen a cartoon where a character is standing in the middle of the street and cars are flying by on both sides and the character is spinning around in the middle? That's how I feel. I can't keep up with them!

I'll be taking care of one in the living room and next thing I know another one is opening and closing the garage door, and another one is sneaking ice out of the freezer. I go to the bathroom for less than 2 minutes and when I'm done there is screaming coming from their bedroom. I fix supper and only one will eat it, or another day all but one will eat. The house is cleaned to almost spotless one day and the next day it looks like a tornado hit!

Seriously, I can't keep up. If I get all of the laundry done one day I find the hampers full to the brim the next day. I have about two dozen cups for them and they ALL end up dirty each day. I have started hiding some of them so that they are forced to wash out cups themselves when they want a drink.

I am so tired. I get a little bit of a break tomorrow, but only because I'll be in the dentist chair getting a root canal.

Father in Heaven, Thank You for my boys. Thank You for trusting me with them. I know I am not the perfect mother, and I could never hope to be, but I ask You to please help me be a good mother. Help me to keep my head screwed on straight. Help me to know what the right thing is and to do it. Help me to teach my children to love You. Lord, I want nothing more than to see my children grow up to love You and serve You with their whole hearts. Please bring that about in there lives I pray, In Jesus Precious name. Amen.

No comments: