Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 3 - Going Gold

Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, Day 3.

I ordered about 100 large gold bows from the local party store, they were very generous and let me have the bows at cost! I also ordered about 200 small gold bows off of ebay and got a very good deal. I am hoping to get as many people as possible around town to put up gold bows to show their support for Children with Cancer, and also to make donations to the bows, all of which will go to CURE Childhood Cancer. An organization based here in Georgia that funds childhood cancer research as well as offering support to families faced with childhood cancer. I am asking $5 for the large bows and giving the small bows away for free (donations accepted of course!).

So far I have sold about 18 bows. I have only spent one day trying really hard, hopefully I can put some more time into it as the month goes on. It is a very emotional month for me and being emotional is exhausting!

We are also doing a raffle for the "Silas Gold" nail polish this month. We are selling tickets for $5 each. In May, OPI made 100 bottles of "Silas Gold" nail polish and sent it to Silas. He smiled so big when he saw his name on the bottom of the bottle! He said "that's a lot of nail polish, I think we should keep some and give some away". We have given bottles to friends and family, and we have also had 2 auctions for CURE Childhood cancer on facebook, raising nearly $3000. I have no idea how the raffle tickets are selling, I gave them to a few businesses and individuals to sell. I hope a lot comes in for CURE!


No comments: