Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 1 - September, Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

For the month of September I am going to try and post something about Childhood Cancer Awareness each day. September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness month and being a cancer mom, it is very important to me.

2 years ago, I did not know that September was Childhood Cancer Awareness month. I will know every year from now on! 2 years ago I could not imagine having a child with cancer, I could not imagine losing a child to cancer! 2 years ago, life was very different.

2 years ago I had a happy, healthy (or so I thought) little 3 year old. Full of energy, chasing after his brothers, playing with his dog, and loving his momma and daddy. Things change, I know that, but this was a big change. I would have never imagined that 2 years later I would be mourning the death of my 4th child. My baby. No idea that I would be making posters and gold bows trying to spread awareness for the disease that killed him.

Looking to the future, I don't know what to expect. Things have changed so much. One thing I know though. The Lord is in the future and He will get me through whatever comes. He has a plan. He is already working out His will in my life. He knows how I feel better than anyone else could. People say they know how I feel, most of them have no idea, some of them know a lot, but no one knows exactly how I feel, no one but the Lord. His plans for me are for good, and I choose to trust Him will my life. I continue to trust Him as I always have.

No comments: