Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 26 - Gold

Childhood Cancer Awareness month is nearly over. The gold bows will start coming down. People will start thinking about Breast Cancer Awareness, Fall festivals, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

For us though, Childhood Cancer and its color, gold, will continue to be a big part of our lives. Silas is no longer with us, but it was his favorite color. Not just because of Childhood Cancer, but also because of Heaven, which is where Silas is.

In Revelation 21:21 the Bible tells us of the streets of gold, pure gold. Silas said this was one of his favorite things about Heaven.

We have gold bows all around our house, on our car and minivan, and it will probably always be there. Reminding us not only of the children fighting cancer, but more importantly of our real home, in Heaven.

Heaven is a real place, it is more real even than where we are now. I imagine when we go there, this life we are living now will seem only as real as a fading dream.

I imagine when I arrive in Heaven, Jesus will be there to greet me with many people standing around, a little ways back. He will embrace me and we will have a special time together. After that, the people will come close to greet me and welcome me home. Silas will be there, my grandparents will be there, everyone I have ever known who has gone on before me will be there. Oh how I long for that day!

This life here is important too though. Everything I go through here will be preparing me for there. Every life I come into contact here matters in eternity. I don't understand it all, but I believe it. I believe God has a purpose for my life and is even now working out His plan.

No comments: