Friday, August 2, 2013

Busy week

We have done a lot this week! We finished swimming lessons yesterday. Each of the boys received an achievement patch. I am not sure what to sew it on. They received them two years ago as well and they just float around the house. Maybe sewing them onto their beach towels would be a good idea?

Tuesday we went to Savannah, Michael and Jason had dentist appointments there. Michael needed a filling and Jason got sealants on his molars. While they were at their appointment Gideon and I visited "Michael's" and got some craft supplies. Gideon wants art to be his "extra curricular" this year so we got him some art supplies. The easels were so expensive, but I found one on ebay that I ordered for him. (he has to share with me though).

Gideon and I also stopped by the Pediatric Oncology clinic to drop off some of Silas' DVD's. The other boys are too "old" for them and don't want them. They can always use DVD's at the clinic! Some kids stay in the clinic all day long for treatment and it gets boring! Silas spent several very long days in the clinic himself. It was so nice to see Dr J and some of the nurses.

After the dentist appointment we went to get a table I found on craigslist. I am so excited about it! I have been looking for a dining table since we moved to Georgia 4 years ago! Its like this one http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40184945/ but used and not that expensive. I love it! I even like that it already has dings in it, now I won't feel so bad when one of the boys does something to it :)

By that time the boys were starving so Archie dropped me off at the hospital to go visit a local girl fighting cancer while he took the boys to get some lunch. Again, I was so happy to see some of our nurses. I miss them!

We missed swimming lessons Tuesday, we just didn't make it home in time. Tuesday evening though we went over to Tabernacle Baptist to help some with the organizing for the yard sale for the little girl fighting cancer. I think it will be huge! There was so much stuff there and a lot of it was nice! Michael wants us to drop him off there again tonight so that he can help out. The yard sale is tomorrow.

Wednesday we went to the BBQ dinner at First Baptist Vidalia where the boys have attended AWANA in the past. They had a "wall of Silas" up in one of the hall ways. It was a bulletin board with photos of Silas and print outs of some of my caring bridge journal entries pinned up on it. :)

I had planned on doing one portion of Michael's testing every day this week, but it didn't work out that way. We did one portion on Monday and then none Tues-Thurs. So today we are trying to get it all done at once. Archie took Gideon and Jason out to put up some signs for the yard sale and run some errands, while Michael and I stay home to complete his test. He has 4 sections completed and 2 to go. I am letting him have a lunch break now though.

This evening Gideon and Jason will go to "Flippin' Friday" at the gym, Michael will go to help with the yard sale, and I can't decide whether to go to the "Mom's night out" or on a date with Archie. I was planning to go with the mom's club but the more I think about it, the more a date night sounds better. Archie is going back to work on the 12th and it seems like a date night might be a good thing. We haven't gotten many of them since we started having kids, and even fewer whilst fighting cancer with Silas.


No comments: