Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Getting organized

We are still trying to get the house "organized". It will take a while. It has not been a priority for a long time but now we really want it to be organized in such a way as to make "living" easier. I don't want to have to dig through piles of books to find an AWANA hand book. I don't want to lose math books or pencils. I want everything to have a place and for everything to be in its place!

I have never been a super organized person. However, I am one of those people who can have a desk piled with papers and know exactly where everything is. To others my desk would look like chaos, but to me, its organized, sort of. My biggest problem is when people move things. Because it looks like a mess, they think its OK to shuffle things around, but then I don't know where things are! LOL.

At any rate, we need to get more organized. We have been organized periodically, but not lately. In the 14 years Archie and I have been married we have gone through stages of being very organized, and being completely unorganized. When Michael was little the whole apartment was clean and organized, except one room. When we had 3 kids and one on the way the apartment was utterly chaotic! It was so bad I panicked every time there was a knock at the door. Then when we had 4 kids and lived in a house it was more organized, but one room was usually a mess. Since we have lived in Georgia it has been a constant struggle to find a sense of organization.

Living here, in my mother-in-law's mobile home, it has been a challenge to organize her things and our things in such a way as to live peacefully and comfortably together. When Silas got sick, organization was not on my list. I just wanted things to be clean, to keep him from getting any kind of infection. Clutter accumulated with all of the cards, letters, and gifts he received during his treatment, (not to mention all of the medications and medical supplies!) and well, it was quite overwhelming! (It was wonderful to have the support and I don't want to complain! I am glad so many people made such an effort to make his life better). Now though, its time to get the house functional again. To figure out where everything is and where it needs to belong.

I am not expecting to be organized overnight, it will be a long process. Still though, we are pressing forward!


No comments: