Friday, August 16, 2013

Proud moments

For those of you with children, do you ever have those amazing moments where your child does something that makes you so proud of them? I love those moments when they just totally bless you, when you are so blessed to be their parent.

As I have said, the last two years have been very challenging for our homeschooling. We have school when and where we can. Some weeks we'd only get a day or two of school accomplished, other weeks it would be every day, but usually it was 3 or 4 days a week. Since getting back from California last month we have really tried to buckle down and get a regular school routine going. We have 5 days left to meet our requirement for school days this year (2012/13).

Well, yesterday morning I slept a little late, but when I got up I was so very pleased with what I discovered! The boys were already doing their math lessons!! I was so very pleased that they took the initiative and started their school work on their own even though I had overslept and hadn't given them instructions yet.

Sometimes you wonder as a parent if you are raising your children right. If you are doing everything you can to make sure that they grow into good, godly, responsible adults. Sometimes their behavior makes you wonder what you have done wrong! Then sometimes, like yesterday morning, you know you must have done something right.

It is an incredible responsibility to be a parent. Something that no one should ever take lightly. It may even be the biggest responsibility a person will ever have! The job of raising a child, teaching a child, molding a child, helping a child learn their place in the world, can only be done well by the grace of God, and with His help.

I have been so blessed to be able to be a mother. To have 4 wonderful boys, 3 of whom I still have to raise. Lord, help me do this well!

No comments: