Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thinking of packing

The thought deciding what to take and what to leave is a big enough thought in it self. The thought of packing up securely all of the things we want to take is a down right overwhelming thought!

I think I have an idea though. I think I want to clear out the extra bedroom (our TV room) and start packing and storing the things we want to take in there.

Then there is another thought, when do I pack? What can I do without for a few months? And if I can do without it for a few months, do I really need it??? Some things can easily be packed now, such as the clothes that don't fit anyone, the books that we don't need now. Some of the toys (they really don't play with all of them all the time anyway).

At the rate we are going we'll be finished with school the last week of April. Which is really good, that leaves the whole month of may to pack. But do I want to wait till May to pack? I should at least start organizing my things now. Spending a little time each week getting things ready to be packed. Sorting through my "junk" boxes. Finishing up my sewing projects.

It still seems overwhelming. Having to have everything packed up all at once. The last time we moved we had a 2 week overlap between the time we had to be out of the apartment and when we got into the house. We were able to go back and forth and didn't really have to pack up everything. This time we'll have to have everything packed and ready to go all at once. We have a lot more "stuff" going back to Georgia than we did when we came out from there 7 years ago! Of course we've got 3 kids more than we did then too.

Maybe I can find some baby sitters in May. Or ship my kids off to various places for a day at a time. That would certainly help my efforts to pack well. My Mother offered to take them for a while.

At least this time I'm not half way through a rough pregnancy like the last time we moved. That will make things a lot easier.

Now to collect boxes!

No comments: