Sunday, February 15, 2009

Church

I love going to church. I think I always have! I hate to miss a service. Sundays, Wednesdays, and any day in between that I have the opportunity.

Its not a chore for me. Its a privilege and a pleasure to gather together with my brothers and sisters in Christ. To Worship God together, to fellowship together, to lift each other up, to pray for one another. I never get tired of it, I never think of something else I'd rather be doing.

I used to feel bad if I missed a service, even if it was because I was sick or in pain, or because my child was sick or in pain. I would feel bad. Now I realize that it is not a sin to stay home in those situations. I still am sad when I have to miss out but I am not condemned.

But what a joy it is when I can go! When I arrive and am greeted with smiles and hugs and "how are you"'s. I can ask for prayer and be lifted up right then and there. I can seek advice and receive godly counsel. I can also pray for, counsel, and encourage others. I can learn more about the Lord through His Word being taught and I can worship the Lord along side my family.

Again I say, what a joy!

1 comment:

Coffee Mommerz said...

I'm glad that you enjoy going. I often struggle to want to go. However since dealing with car issues of late, I'm glad when we get to go.