Monday, February 9, 2009

In search of...

a moving company. PODS won't deliver to where we are moving, a lot of other companies are way out of our price range. I'm thinking AFB U-pack looks like it might work but I want to call them and see for sure. We aren't taking a lot of stuff but we do have a couple of large items and a lot of books. If we have room we would like to take some of the boys yard toys. We'll see.

We have to figure out what will be easy and inexpensive to replace at our new home and what will not. I'm so tempted to take my china in the van with us. We'll see.

I need to pare down the clothing. I know for sure J and G have way too many shirts.

I'd like to take as little as possible with us in the van so we will be more comfortable on the trip. I'll have to do laundry on the trip of course. I figure 4 outfits a piece should be good for the boys, and since it will be summer we won't have to worry about packing pj's. I'll want to bring along food as I don't want to have to eat fast food the whole trip. We'll keep an ice chest. We will eat out some but hopefully keep it to a minimum.

So if you read this and know of a good moving company let me know! And if you don't, you could always pray with us that we will find the right one.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I was going to suggest PODS. Too bad they don't deliver. We used them with our last move and it was so nice to pack and put things out of the way. My mom always takes her silver with her when they move. I would also consider taking my china with me but I have WAY too much for it to ever fit in a car comfortably.