Saturday, February 14, 2009

Leaving my comfort zone

I think it hit me today. I'm leaving California. Maybe for good. Not to say we'll never visit, but I may never live here again.

It is going to be hard. There have been two other times when I've left not knowing if I'd ever be back. I think this time is different though. We are going back to Georgia with plans to settle down. I'm going to be 3000 miles away from my parents and siblings. My kids won't be able to see them as often as we've enjoyed here. That makes me sad. They will be able to see the other side of their family though, and will be able to get to be around some great people.

Its going to be a hard move for me personally. Moving to a different culture. I've lived in different cultures before but never long term. I'm leaving everything I grew up with. I'm leaving the comfortable and familiar. There's going to be a lot of adjusting. I'm going to have to make all new friends. I pray the Lord will bring me a mentor there. An older woman I can look up to and learn from.

I know its right. I know its what God is calling me to. I know that He will bless me and in the end, if I follow Him faithfully, even the hard things will be sweet.

2 comments:

Coffee Mommerz said...

moving is hard. i know God has great plans for your family and he will fulfill your needs.

Anita Ann said...

He will bless you for your obedience. It is hard leaving your family, I have done is a few times.