Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Victoria!

My niece turned 1 year old today!

Though we are also celebrating Jesus' birthday, we do not count His years, because He is ageless. He was before the world began and He will always be.

I think of the babe, wrapped in swaddling clothes, laying in a manger. I think of the wide eyed newborn, quietly taking in His surroundings. I think of his mother, perhaps a little sad that He is born in such a lowly place, but at the same time, she must have been in awe. So amazed to see God incarnate with her own eyes. Wondering if all this was real, knowing that it was. I think of Joseph, completely amazed at it all. Wondering how he was going to provide for this newborn King, believing that it would all be ok.

I am amazed just as they were. Not fulling understanding all of this, but believing all the same. God the Son, became flesh. He lived among us. He showed us the Truth, and became our Way to God the Father.

As the song says "I stand amazed in the presence, of Jesus the Nazarene, and wonder how He could love me, a sinner condemned, unclean."

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Thank You Heavenly Father, for Your perfect gift. I could not ever be good enough to be reconciled to You, thank You for making a way. You gave so much to be with me. I want to give my all to You. I pray in the precious name of Jesus, Emanuel, Yeshua, Amen.

No comments: