Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas

Its that time of year again! Shopping, trees, presents, baking, candy making....

Of course I know this is not what its all about. This holiday is to celebrate the greatest gift ever given to mankind, Jesus Christ.

The tree reminds me of a couple of things, the cross where Jesus gave His life for me, and the new life I have because I accepted His forgiveness and give my life to Him.

The presents remind me of the gifts given to baby Jesus by the Wisemen, but more importantly of God's gift, Jesus, His only begotten Son. I am also reminded of the free gift of Salvation.

Baking reminds me how the Lord always provides for my needs, and to "taste and see that the Lord is good".

Take some time this year and read the accounts of Jesus' birth in the Gospels. Meditate on the gift that God has given to us. Ask the Lord to help you see this season in a new light.

And ask God to bring you an opportunity to show His love to someone else this year. He surely will.

No comments: