Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heart 2 Heart

Monday morning, I'm up and ready to go at 8:30. Four other ladies and I are all reading the same book. We meet in one of our homes together to discuss it and share what the Lord is teaching us. We read together, we pray together, we share our struggles and our discoveries, both about ourselves and about the Lord. Most importantly, we grow together, lifting each other up, praising the Lord.

This has been the scenario for my Monday mornings once a month for the past year. I've actually read through two whole books! It has been a wonderful experience for me. Learning alongside other women. Learning that I am not alone in my struggles. Learning that no one is perfect and that we all have a lot to learn about being bondslaves, and daughters of Christ.

I have loved receiving godly counsel, I have loved sharing my heart, I have loved praying with my sisters, and I have loved learning.

I hope to take this model and continue to use it. I am already going through another book with a lady from church, and another one with my sister. I hope that when we move to Georgia I will be able to start another group. I am already praying that the Lord will show me which book to use and who to ask to join me in reading it, I know He will.

Women need to have close relationships. We are just made that way. I think this model is such a great way to build those relationships! Its so much easier to say "Hey, would you like to get together and go through a book with me?", than to say "Would you like to build a strong, deep friendship with me, as we grow closer to the Lord together?".

I pray that God will use this ministry here at this church, and I pray that it will spread to other churches, and other women everywhere!

No comments: