Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Different

I heard someone say on a video the other day that having ADD is like being left handed. Its different, but its natural to the person who has it. Since we live in a world with mostly "right handed" people we have to learn to adapt to get along.

I don't really think God originally intended for people to have ADD/ADHD but I don't necessarily think that those of us who have it are broken either. I'm not totally sure what I think LOL.

ADD is a part of my life though, and I am learning to deal with it. Hopefully I will be able to teach my son not only to deal with it as well but also to use it to his advantage. After all, people with ADD tend to think outside the box, be more creative, more energetic, and have a unique perspective on things. We just have to learn how to control our focus long enough to accomplish things!

Anyway, I like the left hand/right hand comparison. I think that is a very good way to explain how it is.

No comments: