Sunday, September 14, 2008

Checking in

So this last week I had very little self control and ate something sugary every single day! Though not a lot, if I were shooting for moderation I would have been pretty much on target. But I was shooting for NO sugary foods so I missed the mark. I think for the month of Sept. I'm going to keep trying not to eat sweets but next month I think I will allow for some in moderation. My hope is that that way I will say to myself "no, don't eat that now, you can have it on Thursday (or whenever)".

I did meet my other goals however. Except one day I only did 10 minutes of strength exercises instead of 20 minutes. Oh and I obviously didn't do so well on listening to the Lord's leading.

I've been reading a lot about how hard it is to lose weight while breastfeeding (for some women). I think I might be one of those. In the past I lost all of my pregnancy weight rather quickly and then the excess weight I still had to lose didn't start coming off until my babies were about a year old.

I am going to keep trying to stick to my goals and re-teach myself how to be healthy and hopefully the weight will eventually start coming off. In the mean time I am hoping that I can at least lose a little and avoid gaining over the holiday season.

No comments: