Friday, May 25, 2018

5 years gone, 10 years old

You arrived nearly 10 years ago on June 4th 2008. It was hot that day in Hemet. I was exhausted after 23 1/2 hours of labor and no sleep for nearly 2 days, but I was so happy that you were finally here and in my arms!

You had your fussy moments like every baby does, but you were such a sweet easy going baby, a happy toddler, and an active preschooler who loved his brothers. You were so funny too! With your put on Southern accent, and very silly jokes.

Then you were sick. So very very sick. It hurt me so much to see you suffer. Even in your suffering though, you had so much joy! You knew the pain was only for a little while. It killed me to see you in pain.

Five years ago, on May 25th 2013, just 10 days before your 5th birthday, you went away to your Home in Heaven. I was exhausted, relieved that your pain was over, and so very very sad that you weren't in my arms anymore.

Part of me wishes we were planning your 10th birthday party, inviting your friends over, and picking out your birthday gift, but I know you are where you are supposed to be. I know the pain I feel now is only temporary, and I know someday I will go to be with you, and hold you in my arms again.




2 comments:

Bev said...

Love you, Jessica.
I loved him, too.
Still do.
Bebba

Julie said...

Archie, Jessica, & family, I pray that you are comforted with your memories of him today. Holding you close in prayer as this difficult anniversary & his upcoming birthday are upon you.
He was such a special little boy with great purpose.