Monday, May 14, 2018

Home, but not here

Something sad happens this year. Silas will have been gone longer than he was here. He was born on June 4th 2008 and he went to Heaven on May 25th 2013. He was here with us just short of 5 years, and now he will have been gone longer than that. Something about that makes me so sad.

When I meet new friends, especially those whose children are the age Silas should be, I feel sad for them because they did not get to meet Silas. He was so special and so worth knowing!

If I had known ahead of time that he would get cancer and pass away. If I had known the pain and suffering that was going to happen in his little body, in our family. I would have still chosen to have him in our lives. Along with the pain, suffering and death, came so much love, joy, and laughter. Many souls were saved through hearing his story and hearing about his faith in the Lord, this fact alone made his life so precious, so worth living.

Being saved, knowing Jesus, means that we will be reunited with Silas one day. He is gone from this earth, but he is at home in Heaven with God. We will see him again, we will all live forever in glory! Oh what a day that will be! I imagine I will want to embrace Jesus first, but shortly after, I will want to see my little boy.

We miss him every day. Life is not the same without him, but we are so blessed to have had him in our lives, even for just a little while.


No comments: