Saturday, May 19, 2018

Talk about him!

Don't be afraid to ask me about Silas. No, he's not here anymore, but he is still my son, I still love him, and I still love to talk about him. I love talking about all of my boys!

I think sometimes people are afraid that if they mention Silas it will upset me or remind me that he died. I haven't forgotten him, not what happened to him, not for one moment. So don't be afraid to mention him.

Ask me questions! I love talking about him, he is so special and he is my little boy, the fact that his address changed to Heaven doesn't change that.

I don't mind sharing his story. I don't mind telling you about his cancer treatment (though I do mind people telling me what we did wrong or what we should have tried, there is no changing what happened now). I don't mind telling you about his love of sea turtles, nail polish, gold, or Jesus. I love sharing stories of when all 4 of my boys were together. I love telling stories of funny things Silas said or did, he was quite the comedian!

So please talk about Silas. Please tell me you think about him. Tell others about him. Share his video about Heaven. Don't be afraid to remind us, it is good to know that we are not the only ones who remember.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Although I never had to privilege of meeting Silas, I still think of him. At four years old, he had a better understanding of Heaven than I did at 18. Every time I see a sea turtle, I think of him.