Monday, July 5, 2010

Jessica & Jessica-Grilled cheese sandwiches

This recipe was quite different from the normal bread-cheese-butter grilled cheese recipe. It was equal parts shredded cheddar cheese and sweet potato mixed with a little salt and trans-fat-free margarine, then spread between two pieces of whole wheat bread (I used sugar free bread), and then cooked on a skillet until the insides were melted and the outside was browned.

These were fantastic! Or at least I thought so. Jeri (my mother-in-law) really enjoyed them too. The boys on the other hand were less than impressed. Gideon ate his and said he liked it, Silas ate about 1/4 of his and left the rest, Michael ate a bite or two and left the rest, and Jason started crying and said he wanted a "regular" grilled cheese sandwich!

I may make these again for Jeri and I but not for the boys. Well, maybe I'll try it on them again in a couple of years but not anytime soon. I really did like it and so did she, in fact, I liked them so much that I ate mine and (minus a little I saved for Archie) I ate what the boys left!

1 comment:

Anita Ann said...

It all is just them learning and enjoying new tastes.