Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2001

Where were you?

Archie and I were up and planning to have company over for lunch. We had no TV and hadn't turned on the computer or the radio. About 11:30 our friends called to say they weren't coming over under the circumstances. They weren't sure exactly what happened but they were watching the news.

We turned on the radio and tried to find some kind of info on the internet. After a while we packed our almost 10 month old Michael and drove out to my mother-in-law's house to see her TV and try and figure out what was going on.

I remember just standing in the middle of the living room watching the 2nd plane fly into the tower. They kept showing it over and over again. It was unbelievable!

What was happening? Was this all just the beginning? Was this all that was going to happen? Who was doing this?


I was glad that Michael was too young to know what was going on. I wished I could help somehow. I did pray.

Lord, I lift up to You the families of those who died that day. I pray that You will be with them in a powerful way. That You will comfort them and bring them peace. Most of all Lord, bring them close to You, use this to turn their hearts toward You.

Amen.

No comments: