Friday, September 10, 2010

Jessica & Jessica - Chocolate pudding


Now this one sounded weird but I was willing to try it.

Recipe? Chocolate pudding

Secret ingredient? Avocado!

It really took very little time to make, while I didn't time myself I'd say the whole thing took about 15 minutes.

Simple recipe, avocado, powdered sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, trans fat free spread, and cornstarch.

I did not have enough cocoa powder so I just used what I did have and I think it was fine. It called for 1/2 cup and I only had 1/3 of a cup. But like I said, it was plenty.

The recipe called for 1 cup of avocado puree so I pureed 3 largish avocados and it was about a cup and a half, so really, 2 large avocados would have been about a cup.

The hardest part was getting the corn starch mixed in well enough but in the end it was fine.

I pureed the avocado until it was super smooth. I started out by just smashing it with a fork and then I put it into the food processor for about 2 minutes. I tell you, I didn't know avocado could get so smooth! It was like soft butter.

When it was done I served it with a little whip cream on top and wow! It was so good! You could taste the avocado and it was fantastic! It was VERY rich and smooth. The kind of dessert you can only eat a little of but that's all you need.

Michael was the only one who didn't like it but he's not a chocolate fan so whatever.

Jason loved it and couldn't believe it had avocado in it. My mother-in-law loved it even though she does not like avocados at all! Silas loved it even though I only let him have a little since chocolate doesn't like him. Gideon loved it. It was great!

Definitely a recipe I'll want to use again. Its not an every day pudding, but a real once in a while treat, or something you might expect to have after a fancy dinner.

No comments: