Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The best is yet to come!

Romans 8:18 says "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Glory!

I was listening to Adventures in Odyssey this morning. It was the episode where Eugene finally accepts the call of Jesus in His life. One of the lines in that episode is "the best is yet to come" and it got me thinking...

For the believer, the best is yet to come! The best part of our existence is ahead of us! The most fulfilling part of our lives is ahead of us!

With all the crazy scary things going on in the world, it can be easy to be afraid and worried. Its easy to get caught up in the fear around us. We should not be afraid though! Jesus has overcome the world and all its fears!

1 Corinthians 15:55 says "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

John 16:33 says "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Of all the things that could go wrong, and all the things that have gone wrong, of all the things that have been wonderful and all the brilliant things this life has to offer....none of it is to be compared with the glory to come!

All of this doesn't mean that I won't wash my hands to prevent illness, or that I won't be careful of what my children learn but it does mean that I trust the Lord to be in control of my life and what happens in this world. I trust that EVERYTHING is in His hands and will work out for His glory!

The best, truly is, yet to come.

1 comment:

Anita Ann said...

Well put. I am going to link from my blog.