Saturday, April 18, 2009

2 more weeks of school!

I've already started packing up school books. Just keeping out a few that I want to use for the last two weeks.

Every year I've felt the same way at the end of the school year, satisfied that they've learned what they should but I didn't teach them as much as I would have liked to. Of course this year had two big challenges in it. One, Silas was only 3 months old when we started school and we decided to move and started preparing to move half way through the school year.

I'd have to say that Gideon did just fine for Kindergarten. I learned a little about his learning style and where his strengths and weaknesses are.

I learned a lot more about Michael's learning style and his strengths and weaknesses. We're really going to have to focus on math next year. I'm happy with how he did in every subject, except math.

Jason will be ready for more pre-school work next year. He seems like the kind of kid that would benefit from play more than anything right now though.

I have my box of school books for next year all packed and ready to go. In fact almost all of the school books are packed! I may even have that job done today.

I'm looking forward to our last day of school. Then I can spend each day focused on the task of packing and preparing for our cross country move.