Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October

September is over, what a long month! All 30 days of it anyway. We went up North for Grandma's funeral, 12 hours there and 12 hours back in the van. We'll go up again for my sister's wedding at the end of this month!

Saw the movie "Fireproof". I'll have to give it its own blog entry, so I won't go into it now.

My weight at the end of Sept. was 179. Not what I wanted. This month I'm going to try something different. I'm not going to weigh in until the day before I leave for the wedding. I'm not going to measure anything, or record minutes exercised. My goal is moderation in everything I eat and drink (except water). Most of all, I want to listen to the voice of the Lord. Grow in Him, read His word, and draw near to Him. I should go put away the scale now before I forget.

Took the boys to the dentist today. M has 3 cavities, G is cavity free!!!!!, and J has about 8 and needs to be put under for his treatment :( We got a referral to a hospital that will do it. I'm a little nervous about it but from what I've read he would have a much higher risk of getting seriously injured in a car accident than he has of being seriously harmed by the General Anesthetic. G is my best tooth brusher and I am so glad he didn't have any cavities. I hope that M will be motivated to brush his teeth better and more often. J is still little and doesn't really understand, I need to be more vigilant in taking care of his teeth.

I have bad teeth too. They got REALLY bad once I started having kids. The dentist told me she thinks that for some reason pregnancy affects my teeth more than most, but that it could be worse. The assistant told me I'm doing better than her, she has 3 kids and has lost 3 teeth, I've got 4 kids and have only lost 2. Sigh.

God is so good. He brings things about in our lives to draw us closer to Him. I didn't see it coming but I can see now how He has used MIL's stroke to draw us closer to Him. Praise the Lord! He is good and His Mercy endures forever!

No comments: