Monday, October 13, 2008

Boys coming out my ears!

At least that's what a woman at the park told me I have.

Its true I suppose, there are a lot of them. 4 isn't so huge a number though. I know many people with more kids. I have one friend with 6 boys and 2 girls. 4 is just enough to not be a small family, and just barely enough for some to consider us a large family, though not quite enough for others.

I have always wanted a large family. I never expected to have all boys though! I was just thinking tonight how different they are than girls. I think about how I was as a child and how differently I saw things from the way my boys see things. I mothered my siblings and other kids I played with. The boys are more about beating each other to the top of the dog pile! I loved dancing around in dress-up clothes. The boys love running around getting muddy in dress-up clothes. (Not that I never got muddy).

Some days its a lot of fun having 4 boys, other days I feel like I'm drowning in testosterone. I find that I like "pretty" things a lot more now than I used to. I enjoy the company of women more than I used to. Maybe because all I get at home is boy games, boy toys, boy messes, boy play.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to complain, I am thankful for each one of the precious boys God has blessed me with! I wouldn't trade a one of them! I am not up for the challenge of raising them to be godly young men, not on my own, but with my dear husband by my side, and the Lord Jesus leading us, I know we can do it.

Perhaps someday the Lord will bless us with a few more sons, or maybe even daughters (though I doubt I will ever bear a daughter). I have prayed and will continue to pray that the Lord will lead us to adopt one day, and that it will be in His time and in His way.

I may never have daughters of my own, but I figure I ought to get a few daughter-in-laws one of these days, should the Lord tarry. If I do, I pray I'll be a good and loving mother-in-law to them.

1 comment:

Coffee Mommerz said...

{{{{hugs}}}} God has given you 4 boys cause He knows your the best person for those 4 boys.

i never saw 4 kids as having a lot.