Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Keep moving forward

Keep moving forward. Fall down? Get back up and move forward. Hurt? Down? Tired? Keep moving forward even if its by crawling slowly through the mud.

So often it seems it would be easier to just quit. To give up and not try to do any more. It would be easier to not care. It would be easier to plant myself in front of the TV and eat junk. It would be easier to send my kids off and let someone else teach them (well, in some ways maybe). It would be easier to just stay home all the time and not participate in Church or anything else.

Easier isn't always better though. Sometimes easier means you don't accomplish anything worthwhile. I have chosen easier from time to time, but it didn't get me to where I wanted to go.

Sometimes I fall down while I am running this race. Sometimes I fall down in the mud and just lay there wallowing in it, but then I fix my eyes on the prize and continue moving forward. Sometime I don't have the strength to get up, but at least I can crawl in the right direction. Sometimes I run hard and it feels like I am getting nowhere, but I keep going forward anyway, knowing, that at the end of this race, I will be with Him, and be like Him, and see Him as He is! That is worth every effort. He is worth putting all of my faith and trust in.

It is only by His grace that I am able to not give up or lose hope. It is only by His grace that I am able to move forward through the mud of this life. It is only by His grace through the reading of His Word that I can see the prize, the Kingdom of Heaven that awaits me.

There will always be things that trip me up, weigh me down, and try to stomp the life out of me. Until that day, the day that I come face to face with my Savior. Nothing can separate me from His love, nothing can keep me from finishing this race. The prize is too great to give up before I finish the race.

No comments: