Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Another inch!

My weight is the lowest its been in 11 years (but still over what it should be) and I measured today and am down another inch around my middle! That is 11 inches lost since my highest weight in 2013!

It feels great to make progress. Losing weight often feels like a roller coaster. Down and up, and then down some more. Often its two steps forward and one step back. Sometimes I will lose consistently for several weeks in a row, and then maintain without any more loss for 2-3 months.

I am going to keep at it though. Even though weight loss has not cured all of my physical complaints, it has certainly made it a little easier to move around. I no longer have to lift my leg into the car with my hands, I no longer feel like I can't breathe after walking a mile, and I fit into my favorite coat again.

There are so many things that can happen to a person's body, just because we live in a fallen world. There are many things that I cannot control about my health. I want to do the best I can to care for the body God has given me, so that I can care for the family He has given me. I will not worship my body, it is only a temporary thing, but I want to glorify God in my body for as long as I am in it.

No comments: