Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rest, be still, wait

These are the 3 words I have been hearing from the Lord lately. Where ever I go I hear them. On the christian radio station, at church, at the women's retreat, in my personal devotions.

Rest. Be still. Wait.

I am not very good at this. I have always been doing something. Big things and little things, but always something. I have been involved in some kind of ministry most of my life.

Rest. Be still. Wait.

What this means for me is something I am still trying to figure out. I know the Lord wants more of me, more of my time, my focus, my worship. He wants to comfort me in the pain of the death of my son. He wants to teach me more of Him, of His mercy and grace, of His goodness, of His love, and of His will for me. He wants to make me more like Him, which is what I want too.

Rest. Be still. Wait.

I do what I don't want to do. I don't do what I do want to do. I echo Paul. Oh how I long for the day when sin will no longer be part of my life. When I will no longer desire anything wrong, but only what is right and to worship Him. Oh how I long for the day when pain and suffering will be no more.

Rest. Be still. Wait.

Rest, in His presence, in knowing that He is in control, in knowing that He loves me and has a plan for my life. Rest in knowing that everything will turn out for good because I love Him and am called by Him.

Be still in His presence, listen to the Words of His book. Do not run too and fro looking for things to do. Be still and calm, enjoy being in His presence.

Wait. Patiently, quietly, calmly. Not on the edge of my seat waiting to jump up again, just waiting patiently.

Psalm 37:7 "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him"

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

1 comment:

EmilyAStump said...

I agree, and also keep seeing this everywhere. In our ladies study, our last chapter had this same focus and Ps. 46:10 as a reference to spend more time waiting and listening to the Lord. I also went to a retreat in JAX this weekend, and the main event was a 3 hour personal alone time with God, and the focus was also Ps. 46:10 to spend that time in quiet before Him. It was very refreshing.