Monday, July 22, 2013

Keep on Swimming

We started the 3 older boys in swimming lessons today. All 4 boys were in swimming lessons 2 years ago. They loved it! The lady in charge was kind enough to give us Silas' booklet from his swimming lessons two years ago. It had marked all that he had accomplished during his lessons.

I wasn't sure which class to sign the boys up for since it had been two years, but after today the instructor felt that all 3 boys should be moved up to the next class. They told Jason if he would swim across the pool they would promote him but apparently he didn't understand what they were saying and didn't do it. I talked to him after the class and he really wants to move up to the next class, so we will talk to them about it tomorrow. Michael and Gideon both will be in the other class tomorrow.

If I remember correctly I also only took swimming lessons for two Summers. I think by the end of this class the boys will be doing pretty well.

I have been working on a project for the past few days. I am making bracelets to sell at a yard sale for a little girl with cancer in our community. They have gold colored beads, little awareness ribbons that say "Hope", and little butterflies, which the little girl likes. I have made about 15 so far, Gideon made 1. I plan to make them until I run out of materials or until her fundraiser yard sale in a couple of weeks. I love doing things like this and I haven't had much time for such things recently. I feel like I can give myself the time to do this since its for someone else.

We have been completely off schedule since we got home from our 3 week trip to CA. Sleeping in late and staying up late. I decided to give everyone, including myself, melatonin last night at 8 PM. It definitely helped! All of the boys were asleep by 10ish. I was up a lot later than that but I fell asleep faster when I did go to bed. We all got up earlier today too. Hopefully we can get back on track soon!

No comments: