Monday, November 3, 2008

Joy

My little sister is married! I have prayed for many years that she would find a wonderful, godly, husband (as I know she has also), and now she has! He is a very sweet sort of fellow a lot like my sister. I think that they will bless a lot of people together!

My other sister, my cousin, and I made the cakes. That was fun, I didn't help a whole lot though. I did end up helping with the decorations and running errands. At the reception my sister and I cut the cake too. There was white cake with lemon (which was very good), chocolate cake with raspberry (which didn't turn out so great but it was OK), and carrot cake (which was a complete hit!).

I have the most fantastic Dh. He helped so much by taking care of the boys so that I could help with the wedding. I would not have been able to help at all if he had not taken care of them. I know it was a big job for him to keep all 4 boys practically by himself for nearly 2 days! I mean, he knows how to take care of them but he usually doesn't have to do it all by himself for more than a few hours.

The wedding went perfectly, except for my screaming 3 year old. Dh took him out near the beginning because he just wouldn't settle down. Dh watched part of the wedding through the window in the back door of the church, but I am sad he didn't get to see the whole thing. The 3 year old was disciplined. I'm glad we don't have any more weddings to go to for a little while.

S screamed his head off in the van on the way there, and on the way back, he HATED being in the carseat. Poor guy. The trip was 11 1/2 hours on the way up and 13 hours on the way back. We had to stop a lot because we just couldn't take his sobbing. We got home at about 1:30 in the morning. Again, we won't have to do that again for a while. The next trip we will probably make is to my parents house at Christmas. But they only live 2 hours away, so if we time it right S will be taking a nap when we drive out.

I'm glad to be home. Now back to teaching school, cleaning house, doing laundry, doing the budgetting (ugh), and planning a birthday party for my oldest (more on that later).

No comments: