Monday, November 10, 2008

Great is His faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning, new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

I have been singing this song all morning, partly in praise to the Lord for all He has done for me, and partly to remind myself that He IS faithful and He will provide for me.

Sometimes I start thinking the wrong way, I think "how in the world will this ever work out?" or "We'll never be able to afford that" or "how will I ever get this done?". Its at those times I need to take a look back at all the Lord has done for me. He has never let me down, He has worked out even the most difficult situations I have ever found myself in, He has always provided for my needs. When I think of those things He has done in my life, I have little room left to doubt that He will provide for me now.

Despite my doubts and unbelief at times, He remains faithful. He doesn't give up on me when I am unfaithful, when I worry, when I am afraid. He just keeps on working on me, teaching me, and loving me. Oh how I want to be like Jesus!

Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness. I believe You will always be faithful and always provide, Lord, help my unbelief.

No comments: