Friday, December 21, 2018

A year of prayer

Tomorrow marks 1 year since I joined the prayer room ministry at my church. I didn't make it every week, but I did manage to make it 38 weeks out of the year!

I cannot begin to tell you what a blessing it has been in my life. I go and spend an hour in prayer in the prayer room, but my prayers spill over into the rest of my day, and week.

In the prayer room we have cards with prayer requests on them, I have taken this idea home with me and made myself a box with cards in it to write prayer requests on that I want to pray for at home. I try to carry index cards with me and when someone asks me to pray for them, I will write their request on a card and put it in my box at home.

I am not always as diligent to pray as I ought to be. There are some weeks that I do not make it to the prayer room, and there are some weeks I do not get to my box at home, but I have probably spent more time in intentional prayer than any year before. It has been such a blessing in my life, I cannot recommend it enough! Take time to pray, God will use it in your life, and you will be blessed!

No comments: