Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Boy, oh boy, oh boy

My boys are getting so big! I noticed on Sunday that Michael was looking taller so, as I do whenever I notice one of them getting taller, I pushed him up against the wall by the front door and made a pencil mark at the top of his head. Sure enough, he had grown an inch and a quarter since I measured him in July! He is now 5' 7 1/4" tall. That's 3/4 of an inch taller the me. He won't be 13 for 2 more weeks!

Since I measured him I decided to measure the other two as well. Gideon is 10 years 9 months old and is 5' 3 3/8". That is 3 inches taller than Michael was at the same age! I have always thought he would be bigger and taller than Michael. At every milestone he has been ahead of Michael in size.

Jason is my more average sized child. Silas was my small one. Jason is now 4' 3 3/8" tall. Only a little taller than average. I think he will be a tall adult though. I think I expect them all to be 6" or so.

I used one of those online height predictors once a long time ago, it said Michael would be 6' 1", Gideon would be 6' 4", Jason and Silas would both be 6". Only time will tell!

I sometimes wonder what Silas will look like when I see him in Heaven. Of course I don't know how much time will pass between now and the time we meet again. But then if Heaven is outside of time....will he still be a little boy, will he be older, an adult? What color will his hair be? It was black when he was born and got lighter as he gold older, and then very blonde after chemo.

Archie, Michael, Gideon, and I are all over weight. For the past few weeks I have been walking (or trying to walk) 1-2 miles every day with the boys. I really want them to have a life long habit of being active out doors. We are slowly working on eating healthier again, we used to eat pretty healthy and were a lot less over weight before Silas got sick. Our world was really shaken and it will take time to get things back in order, but we will keep pressing forward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so love hearing about how your family is doing :) I smile and cry while reading your posts :) We will be praying for all of you ... and your new adventure of being more healthy :) I know with our family, its easy to get off track...but I can't imagine how difficult it would be with having to go through all that your family did. Always praying and sending our love ... sweet Silas is always remembered in our family and among friends and never forgotten. We love you all! God Bless :)