Sunday, June 24, 2018

My garden this year

Every year I make some sort of attempt at a vegetable garden. Some years I get food that we can actually eat, other years, my effort is for naught. Some years, my effort is just not enough.

I never plant tomatoes, but usually get some anyway. I really like to have a variety of squash. This year I planted pumpkin, butternut, yellow and green zucchini, yellow squash, and cucumbers. I also planted a persimmon tree! I hope the tree takes, I had one a couple of years ago but it died. So far, everything looks good! I've got blooms on some of the plants and with all of the rain we have had they seem to be growing fast. One year I had tons of blooms but no fruit. Hopefully that won't be the case this year.

I try to get out and weed a little at least once a week. It is too hot most days to stay out for long.

When/if I get some food from my garden, I will be sure and share!


No comments: